Welcome to the AIRSOCIETY | Air Suspension Forum.

Thread: valve cleaning

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like

valve cleaning

so i just got my air ride installed but for some reason 2 valves are stuck, any ideas on how to clean them out and get them working?

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    U need to give more details (a picture even) about the valves you have, dude.

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry more detail haha, 4 separate firestone electric valves coming off the tank, 1/2s lines coming off of them. valve 1 2 and 4 are being a bastard. valve 1 and 4 are staying a bit open so when the tank fills the rear raises up by itself, and valve 2 the exhaust is staying open so when i try to lift it instantly dumps out.

ill snap a pic in the morning, but basically how do you take them apart and clean them?
    Last edited by dearthpika; 06-22-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: wrong line sizing

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like

this is the setup

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    well just took it all apart. had rust build up.... nasty amount.......

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    if there was rust in the valves then there must be some in the tank and how often do you drain the water traps

Low Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't see any traps...

i need air!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i spy smc traps.
    this royally sucks.
    buying 2nd hand can be a real pain in the a$$!
    anywho, the question you need to ask yourself is how much time & money are you willing to invest in this.
    imo, $400 for a vu4 manifold & $100 for a tank is worth it at this point. i am sure there is a way to clean them tho.
    good luck.
    '09 ford flex - bagg'd

Low Rider
    Post Thanks / Like
    i see it.

and i agree, that sucks.

but i do have to stick up for that manifold. i have the single block 8 valve version and it's quite rugged. replacements are only a few hundred dollars too, so if you wanted a plug and play replacement, it'd be fairly easy to do.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like a lot of weight to hold on those tank ports. Used to have my individual valves like that.

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey, well sadly this system is from my old corolla. the buyer took the car and system and let it set for almost 2 years, this is me trying to get the bastard working in a toyota matrix.. and ya everything was basically rusted shut. pulled each valve out and cleaned it by hand, checked everything over and so far the only problems i see is the dumbass put a plug on 1 exhaust causing the valve to fill with rusty water, never emptied the water traps ( xmc traps ) and butchered the wiring. atm ive had the car out of commission for 3 weeks now and trying to get her done this weekend. so the things i need to find in the gta area are 4 pressure sensors for the manifolds, new ptc fitting cause these are not sealing 100% anymore, 2 water traps and a new computer cause for some STUPID reason the easy street isnt tripping the compressors so for now i have a manual push button switch with a pressure switch at 150psi. i even had to overhaul the dam 480c compressors . biggest headache atm is leaks.... im running 1/2 lines atm and almost every joint i took apart from the old car was worn or destroyed. almost willing to go to a dam paddle box and brass fittings to save some of the headache, what do you guys think?

and so far money into this setup has been stupid since know one has had parts for this stupid car in the case of bags struts and mounts....
    Last edited by dearthpika; 06-22-2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: addon

Visitors found this page by searching for:

how to clean air ride valves

air ride valves sticking

how to clean air bag valves

air suspension valves sticking

cleaning air suspension valves

air ride valve sticking

air suspension valve cleaning

cleaning air ride valves

how to clean air ride vlaveaair bag valve block needs cleaned how to clean your airbag valveshow to clean sticking airbag valveswhat do i use to clean air ride suspension valvesairbag valve stickingair ride suspensions sticking valvecleaning valve block air suspensionsticking air ride valvesair bag valve cleaningtake apart air valvewhat do clean air ride vavles with lime build upairbag valves stickinghow do i clean the valves on my air ridwDid air bag valve stickingair rides can you clean tank valvevalve cleaner for air cylinder suspensionair valve suspension cleaninghow to take apart air suspension valveair suspesion valve cleaninghow to clean air valves air suspensionhow to take apart air ride valvesair ride valve stuckcleaning air suspension valve how to take apart an air valveair suspension clean valve setuphow to clean airride valvesair bag suspension stickshow to clean stuck air valves how to clean valves on air suspensionhow to clean valve blocks air ridehow to clean your air ride valvehow to clean air suspension valvesair suspension valves cleaning
SEO Blog