Welcome to the AIRSOCIETY | Air Suspension Forum.

Thread: help needed

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like

help needed

hi everyone, looking for some help here as i'm pretty stuck

i am running the airlift autopilot V1 in my vw polo and a couple weeks ago while the compressors were running to fill the tank one of the relays started making a clicking noise and the control unit just kept flashing the easy street logo, i assumed right away that one relay was faulty and needed replaced as i unplugged the relay and it was all working but the tank psi was at 130psi so the compressors were not kicking in to fill the tank. so i decided to buy to replacement relays and fit them but when i did the compressors still did not kick in to fill the tank so i took the out to get other ones and put the old ones back on and for less than a minute then it started clicking again like it did before

so i got another 2 new relays and still no joy, today i had the relays checked to see if power was going to them and it was, checked all connections and they were also fine, i did however check my car battery and the voltage output was a little low so i am going to try and charge the battery overnight and see if that helps it and if not i will replace the battery. i checked the easy street ecu and from what i have read online the ecu is functioning as it should, the only other thing i can think of is perhaps the pressure switch needing replaced? the car has not gone anywhere since the whole air ride was fitted as it was going through another full rebuild so its pretty frustrating.

can anyone think of anything else i may have missed or anyone who has had the same issue as myself

thanks
    Jordan

Site Sponsor Forjworks
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its the V1 ... we have had all sorts of issues with it... in customers cars thats why we dont sell or install it there products any more.

best thing is to just replace it with something else that is more reliable.

Dont forget to like us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/AirRexAirSuspension

Instagram
    @airrexusa

www.airrexus.com

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats not really helpful is it? you solution is to spend a couple thousand on replacing an entire management system when it could be something very simple and cheap

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how the autopilot integrates with the pressure switch and compressor relays, however if you're always having problems.. I would run that on its own.

Site Sponsor Forjworks
    Post Thanks / Like
    IM not lying to you.. As an installers stand point.. airlift is quick to warranty there products and we did a few warranties yet to have the cars come back with the same issue.

As a shop airlift dont cover the labor or towing cost and we end up loosing money becuase no one pays up for labor on the warranty.

we have tried everything they told us.. and yet it dont work ... yet there are some out there that have no problems for what people claim.

That why we dont sell there product at our shop..

Also there are other shops in Hawaii that have had all sorts of issues with Airlift V1..

Dont forget to like us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/AirRexAirSuspension

Instagram
    @airrexusa

www.airrexus.com

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jordan! It sounds like to me you may have a loose wiring connection or a low voltage issue, with the vehicle running you should have 13-14 volts. The pressure switch is built into the ECU itself, but you can test the transducer in the tank. Just take one of your transducers out of the manifold and put it in the tank, then connect it to the ECU.

Is your controller mounted in the vehicle or is it just flopping around? Check the back of the controller to see if the insert is tight.

The Auto Pilot system is extremely reliable and has been used by a ton of people for several years with no issues. The majority of issues I have seen come down to incorrect installation or people trying to modify our wiring harness. Any shortening or extending of the main wiring harness can cause issues.

7. Than/ks jordan6 thanked for this post
    Likes John@BagRiders liked this post
    Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Jeremy, I am going to replace the battery this week a i thought it may be down to the voltage output from the battery but I was told by a few people thats it would probably be the pressure switch that is attached to the tank, the control unit is securely mounted in the car and i even replaced the ethernet cable just incase it had a broken wire inside. it has been working since last year and this is the first thing thats really happened, the place i bought it from basically told me they don't care so i've been running about like mad trying to get it sorted,

the whole thing was fitted about this time last year but bagyard took an extra 6 months to finish my bags so it wasn't actually used till october/november and since january it been getting a full rebuild, what will happen if its none of the above and possible the ecu?

thanks for the reply

jordan

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can get the ECU switched out for you if need be.

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    fantastic thanks, i'll let you know what happens once i swap the battery etc

thanks for the help

11. Likes chubs625 liked this post
    Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan, how'd the battery swap work out?

In the future, feel free to give us a call at 802.735.2574 if you require any technical support at all. Whether you be a customer of ours or not, myself and all the other Bag Riders employees are more than happy to tirelessly assist you with any issue you may be having; you'll never hear, or see us provide a "buy something else" type of response. If you'd rather not make a phone call, you can reach me directly at [email protected].

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks alot john

i'm slowly losing faith now

swapped the battery for a bigger heavy duty battery and nothing changed, when back and checked to make sure i had a strong earth which i did so that was fine
    did another test on the relays and found another had died so decided to buy another 2 and swap both at the same time, tested the new relays and power was coming and going fine but still the compressors wouldn't kick in to fill the tank
    did a test on the compressors and both showed to be working, decided to go home for the day then next day the control unit wouldn't fire up atoll but the ecu light was flashing like it should, turned out the fuse thats held in the little black tube had blown, got an exact replacement and soon as i put it in it blew straight away, tried another and finally it came on again showing the display fine

decided that the only option was to disassemble the false floor and disconnect all the airlines to lift up the base were everything is bolted down to

eventually found that 2 wires coming from the ecu have completely burnt out and they are non removable, checked all the surrounding and theres nothing nearby that was anywhere near touching the wires to maybe cause any damage and they were kept away from the compressors so even if those were to heat up the heat wouldn't do anything to the wiring

just now i'm pretty stumped on what to do, like i've already said since installing everything last year the car has been lucky if it has done upto 20 miles
    i don't want to start disassembling the ecu as its something i'm not clued up on and i don't want to damage it any more than it already is

sorry for the long post but i'm just at the end here, i'm considering just removing everything and putting the car back on coilovers even tho I hate coilovers with a passion

thanks for the help everyone but it seems air ride just isn't something thats meant to be in my car
    but if you have any more suggestions then please post them up, i'll try anything just now so i don't loose out on how much i've spent on everything

thanks
    Jordan
    Last edited by jordan6; 05-22-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get discouraged. Take John's advice and call him for help and suggestions. An air ride setup can be very reliable and trouble-free.

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried today and couldnt get through to them

But with all these problems now after so little use im at my wits end with it

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy@AirLift View Post
    We can get the ECU switched out for you if need be.
    I believe this needs to happen ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan6 View Post
    I tried today and couldnt get through to them

But with all these problems now after so little use im at my wits end with it
    Jordan, I'm sorry we missed your call, we were swamped with calls yesterday so there is a chance we missed yours. Please either give us a call again today, or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected], I will get this issue resolved for you immediately.

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks john

Im working late today so i will try send you an emal maybe tonight or tomorrow if i can

Visitors found this page by searching for:

air lift autopilot v1 troubleshooting

airlift easystreet autopilot tank pressure zero

how to take apart airlift autopilot v1

airsociety compressor clicking noise

airlift v1 pressure switch broke

clicking sound with airlift xb2

autopilot v1 tank pressure

SEO Blog