Welcome to the AIRSOCIETY | Air Suspension Forum.

Thread: Pearl's Golf

Spring Hacker
    Post Thanks / Like

Pearl's Golf

This is my wife Pearl's Golf. Ill just toss up a few pics and lay out the details later.
    Where it is now

This is how it started life

And after its first stage of rebirth

Than some aristos followed

Spring Hacker
    Post Thanks / Like
    2000 Golf 1.8T 5 speed

Story of the car is a buddy bought it up in Minnesota and a lady who owned it went in to a ditch and a sign with a bullseye on it literally fell on the car. Hence all the damamge. He drove the car around as is for like a year. We wanted a 4 door 1.8t for her so we bought it. Had to replace 3 doors, hood, fender, headlights, grill and taillights. So we figured respray the car and enhance where needed lol. Had a buddy that lives right by me finish shaving the moldings, bumpers, antenna, hood notch, turns, and hatch. Resprayed the car BMP instead of the regular black. Added 20th anniversary lower valence, rear valence, and side skirts. Installed a carbonio cold air intake, apr 3" exhaust, Dog bone mount, APR software, and did a single mass vr6 clutch conversion.

She has been driving it this way for a couple years. Big thing is the car is so subtle that most people dont even notice whats going on. Literally took it to a show and a guy im talking to point the car out and says look all those people did was wheels and some suspension than i laughed haha. He was an old timer so i dont blame him. Than it was decided that we would do air suspension over this past winter as the car gets stored.

Air

Airlift XL front and rear bags. Autopilot V2 Single 380(for now) Single 5 gallon (for now)
    We also did tt spindles with new bearings, hubs, balljoints, used tt lca's, powerslot front and rear rotors, hawk hps pads, tt caliper carriers and a passenger side notch.

Wheels

Well in addition to air we needed to step it up in the wheel department. I did some hunting and found WatercooledIND we put the wheels (lol)in motion for a set of 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear BL8's in a gold finish with flat lips and hidden hardware. Chris has been great to deal with and i couldnt be happier with fitment and the quality of the wheels.

They showed up and my son August approved

off to get them mounted

And mounted

Well thats alot of reading haha. I figured its kinda nice to see where this car has come from. Also not that i suck at taking pictures and these are all iphone pics and i probably should have pulled the front plate off lol. The car could use a good detail as well!

Thanks,

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    The end result looks great! Nice choice in wheels too! Gives me inspiration to finish the body work on my car, thank you. Now, as for that Corrado, lookin a bit too high...
    Last edited by Ian@AirLift; 04-24-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Spring Hacker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work bringing the golf back! It looks great
    Female Built

Spring Hacker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@AirLift View Post
    The end result looks great! Nice choice in wheels too! Gives me inspiration to finish the body work on my car, thank you. Now, as for that Corrado, lookin a bit too high...
    Thanks haha the corrado is sitting on 17 speedlines. I assure you its lowered but this one will stay static I have a bagged caddy that is currently under the knife for an alh swap. You guys need to release a front bag for mk1's! Im down for being a guinea pig lol i dont like my current front setup on it.

Hmm wonder if this should be in the bag build section?
    Last edited by Dubtuner; 04-24-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Spring Hacker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing new just went with a buddy and took a few shots sunday.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beatyfull !!

Seen alot of pics at the watercooled facebook.
    Nice to see the details and the build !

Coilover Conaisseur
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

aristos 4 door golf

corrado front rotor di

pearls car

golf aristos lowered

airlift autopilot v2 iphon

plumbing for airlift suspension

updating airlift v2 firmware