Welcome to the AIRSOCIETY | Air Suspension Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accuair compressor problems

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like

Accuair compressor problems

Hi all, Just signed up as i'm having a bit of trouble with my accuair setup.
    I'm actually an installer of accuair gear, for airride here in australia.

Now on my own car, i've finally gotten around to finishing the bag setup, only to find my compressors run, even when the car is switched off. I tested the yellow switch wire coming from the ECU, and gets a strong 12v with ignition off and on, makes no difference. as for the pressure sender, the red is getting very weak power and earth is strong.

I'm going to try re-earthing the entire setup in a minute (too hot to go outside at the moment) other than that, could it be that my ECU was shipped as faulty? as it's never been used before other than when i've powered up the VU4 block to air up/down while working to set the level sensors.

Thanks, James

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    James,

It sounds like for some reason or another the Compressor 1 output has failed. A lot of times this will happen because of a bad ground so going through your grounds is a great idea. Check them all out and make sure they are good. We have our ECU's set up with 2 compressor outputs which means that you can easily switch to the second once you've made sure all the grounds have below .1 ohm of resistance. PM me your e-mail and I'll send over some simple instructions on how to swap to the new compressor output. This will take care of the problem for you.

Thanks,
    Derek

3. Than/ks John@BagRiders, Ricky J thanked for this post
    Likes TLRHector03 liked this post
    The Modfather
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek@AccuAir View Post
    James,

It sounds like for some reason or another the Compressor 1 output has failed. A lot of times this will happen because of a bad ground so going through your grounds is a great idea. Check them all out and make sure they are good. We have our ECU's set up with 2 compressor outputs which means that you can easily switch to the second once you've made sure all the grounds have below .1 ohm of resistance. PM me your e-mail and I'll send over some simple instructions on how to swap to the new compressor output. This will take care of the problem for you.

Thanks,
    Derek
    That's bawss customer service right there!

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to AirSociety Derek

Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi im logan from new Zealand and im having this same prob.can anyone help??

8. Likes Ryan@VIAIR liked this post
    Riding Stock
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to update this to anyone that has this issue in the future. I had the same problem and finally got it fixed.

Here's a little background to my issue.

I'm running Accuair E-Level with 5 gallon tank and dual compressors.

I put my vehicle into the body shop and it sat there for too long and car battery died. I had to jump start the car to get it home. Upon driving I noticed that the compressor was on for a very long time. When I got home I looked into my trunk and noticed only one compressor running. I also noticed that the compressor was running even though I had shut off my car. I saw that my spare tire had been removed (probably due to the workers at the body shop looking for my car battery to jump start it and thinking the battery was in the trunk. Vehicle is an LS 460) all my wires are tucked where my spare tire was.

I found that one of the fuses to my compressor was blown. Switched it out and now both compressors were running, but still running when the car was off.

Found that the issue was that my relays were malfunctioning. Probably due to a short or something when they removed my spare tire. Just swapped my relay out and it fixed the problem.

Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just hooked up my accuair system and I'm having this issue. I have no idea how much pressure is in my tank, but the comps run nonstop even with the ignition off. Anybody know how to use the second comp signal? Comp 1 gets 12v+ no matter what. All of my grounds are good and even the manifold has a ground to the body. I've calibrated the system twice and tried changing tank pressure settings and nothing seems to turn off my conpressors.

This is kind of disappointing. I thought I was buying the top of the line system and I'm having issues before I even get to use it.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should never run a setup without gauges.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post

I haven't seem many Accuair setups running gauges. For the amount of money they charge you would think it would be a COMPLETE system.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmexus View Post
    I haven't seem many Accuair setups running gauges. For the amount of money they charge you would think it would be a COMPLETE system.
    Got it figured out. Swapped a pin directly across from comp1 and used that for an input to the conpressor relays. Everything appears to be functioning correctly now.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't matter. I always wanna know what's going on in my setup. I have gauges for my tank and my bags

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's you. I rarely see gauges used with Accuair setups. It would be nice to know the pressure in my tank for certain situations.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's you. I rarely see gauges used with Accuair setups. It would be nice to know the pressure in my tank for certain situations.
    Only an idiot would fly blind

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've been REALLY helpful. Time to shut your mouth and move on.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get some gauges, moron.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mind your business, dumbass.

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just hooked up my accuair system and I'm having this issue. I have no idea how much pressure is in my tank, but the comps run nonstop even with the ignition off. Anybody know how to use the second comp signal? Comp 1 gets 12v+ no matter what. All of my grounds are good and even the manifold has a ground to the body. I've calibrated the system twice and tried changing tank pressure settings and nothing seems to turn off my conpressors.

This is kind of disappointing. I thought I was buying the top of the line system and I'm having issues before I even get to use it.
    Sounds like it's a wiring issue. What do you have your ignition wire (orange wire) running to?

Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    AccuAir does not include gauges with their eLevel systems because it is a height based leveling system. This means that the ECU runs off of the four height based leveling sensors that you need to mount to each corner of the car. You press a preset, and the ECU and leveling sensors work together to make sure the car is at the right height. AccuAir's eLevel systems are not pressure based like other systems on the market.

The eLevel system is very accurate in the way that it achieves ride heights with these sensors so gauges are not necessary. It's so good in fact that they actually use eLevel on some ambulances. Yes of course you can add gauges to your eLevel setup for piece of mind but they aren't going to do anything for you unless you are driving around in manual mode without your leveling sensors installed.. but you have eLevel so why would you do that?

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rali@bagriders View Post
    Sounds like it's a wiring issue. What do you have your ignition wire (orange wire) running to?

AccuAir does not include gauges with their eLevel systems because it is a height based leveling system. This means that the ECU runs off of the four height based leveling sensors that you need to mount to each corner of the car. You press a preset, and the ECU and leveling sensors work together to make sure the car is at the right height. AccuAir's eLevel systems are not pressure based like other systems on the market.

The eLevel system is very accurate in the way that it achieves ride heights with these sensors so gauges are not necessary. It's so good in fact that they actually use eLevel on some ambulances. Yes of course you can add gauges to your eLevel setup for piece of mind but they aren't going to do anything for you unless you are driving around in manual mode without your leveling sensors installed.. but you have eLevel so why would you do that?
    I want to know what is happening with my system at all times no matter what system it is.

Cup Kit King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rali@bagriders View Post

It ended up being an issue with the Accuair ecu. The output keeps a constant 12v no matter what. I used the secondary compressor output and it has been working fine since.

Hopefully they come out with that update that allows the ilevel to display tank pressure and sensor range. They've been talking about it for a whole now.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

accuair australia

accuair pressure switch not working

accuair for sale

accuair compressors wont turn offaccuair pressure switchaccuair suspension troubleshootingaccuair problemaccuair forumaccuair compressor not kicking onaccuair compressor output changeaccuair troubleshootingaccuair compressors permanent 12v with ignition offwill accuair work if you just connect power and earthwhat is the pressure sensor for accuairAccuair viair not shutting downaccuair elevel wont pressurizeaccuair kompressoraccuairaccuair e-level for salebad accuair ecuair suspension compressor wont turn offaccuair compressorhow do i know if my accuair pressure switch is badaccuair wiring earth www.airsociety.netaccuair compressor wont turn onaccuair compressor installaccuair compressor not turning onaccu air pressure switch not workingaccuair e-level with no pressure switchmy accuair compressors wont turn offaccuair set tank pressure without sensorscompressor fot air bag suspension wont turn ofdo air suspension compressor get hotaccuair frozenaccuair compressor wont shut offaccuair pressure sensorAccuair troubleshoot yellow wireno volts to my accuairwhy are my compressors not turning off with accuairaccuair wont switch offaccuair elevep pressure sensor my air suspension compessor not turning onaccuair elevel problemscar frozen dumpedaccuair compressors keep running key offcompressor wont turn off for airbag suspensionaccuair compressor running with ignition off www.airsociety.netaccuair compressor running with ignition offaccuair air bag suspension wont go upmy air ride compressor won turn onaccuair badaccuair relay went badaccuair valve not respondingcompressors not firing accuair elevelair ride compressor not kicking in pressure switchif my airbag pressure switch is bad will my compressors run or notmy air compressor wont turn off on my airbag suspensionaccuair australia installeraccu air ecuaccuair suspension street rod installationair ride pressure switch not turning compressor onaccu air compressor not turning onaccuair bad pressure sensoraccuair compressor stay onaccuair wiring earthcompressor Incaccuair elevel pump gets hotaccu air compressor staying on when car shuts offwhat if your accuair ecu is badaccuair e-level suspension compressors wont kick inaccu air troubleshootaccuair install compressorsaccu air not working just shut offaccuair compressor tlickingaccuair failureaccuair elevel power fan runs but compressor does notanybody use accuair suspensionaccuair ecu australiaaccuair valve 2 down not respondingaccuair ecu wont workair ride technologies my compressor wont turn onair suspension troubleshooting compressor dont turn onaccuair compressor output 2accuair airbags comprssors wont turn onAccuair compressors troubleshooting accuair australia elevel ecuaccuair wont stopaccuair compressor on even when car offair suspensioncompressors dont turn offaccu air burn ecu battery accuair with Ecuaccuair suspension compressor problemsaccuair compressor keeps runningwhat wire to power up a suspension compressor www.airsociety.netwhat wire to power up a suspension compressor site:www.airsociety.netairride problems compressor not startingturning off accuair suspensionair compressor running without key in ignitionaccu air compressor wont turn onair ride compressor wont turn on
SEO Blog